A Step-by-Step Installation Guide for Peel-and-Stick Murals
At Point Two Design Group, we understand the significant role that churches play in fostering community bonds. Our custom map murals are not just decorative elements; they are a testament to the area your church serves and cares for. Follow this guide to effortlessly install your mural and transform your space into a visual representation of your church's mission.
Step 1: Preparing the Canvas
Before you begin, ensure that the wall where the mural will be installed is clean and smooth. It’s an opportunity to come together as a community and prepare the space for transformation. You might even consider making it a community event!
You will need:
- A friend from your congregation (this is a two-person job)
- A warm, damp cloth or sponge
- Remove old wallpaper and clean the wall using the cloth or sponge.
- Sand down any rough areas and fill in gaps to ensure a smooth texture.
- If the wall is porous or has bright colors that might show through the mural, apply a layer of primer/mist.
Step 2: Unveiling the Mural
Carefully unpack the mural panels and lay them out in order. This is the moment where you start to see the beautiful map that represents your community.
- Verify that all panels are included and undamaged.
- Arrange the panels in order, noting the clear numbering indicating the order of installation.
Step 3: Bringing the Mural to Life
Now it's time to bring the mural to life on your wall. This step is a beautiful representation of your church's mission coming alive visually.
- Begin with the first panel, ensuring it is aligned straight. This step sets the stage for the rest of the mural.
- Peel off approximately 4-6 inches (10-15 cm) of the backing paper from the top and apply it to the wall.
- Continue peeling and applying in increments, smoothing the wallpaper against the wall as you go.
- Align subsequent panels carefully to match patterns or images, ensuring a seamless representation of your community map.
Step 4: Perfecting Your Artwork
This is the time to perfect your artwork, ensuring it stands as a flawless representation of your community.
- Use a wallpaper smoothing tool or your hands to remove any bubbles or wrinkles.
- If necessary, peel back an area and reapply it to achieve a smoother surface.
- Trim off any excess paper with a trim guide and a sharp knife.
Step 5: The Final Touch
Allow the mural to dry for 24 hours, and then step back to admire the transformation of your space.
Quick Tip: If bubbles appear over the next day or two, remove them by popping them with a sewing pin and then pressing and rubbing your fingers in a circular motion.
Your Community, Your Mural, Your Mission
In every line and curve of your custom mural, there lies a reminder of the vibrant community that flourishes under your guidance and care. As a pastor or church administrator, you hold the brush that paints the vivid canvas of your congregation's journey and service. These murals are more than just a decor element; they are a canvas that embodies your mission, your vision, and your commitment to the community you shepherd.
Embark on this transformative journey today.
Invite a piece of your community into your sacred spaces, fostering a stronger connection and a deeper sense of belonging. Reach out to us to craft a mural that resonates with your church's spirit, incorporating elements that are uniquely yours - be it your logo, mission statement, or brand colors that echo the ethos of your congregation.
Get a Custom Quote Today!
Discover the profound impact a custom mural can have on your church. Visit our custom quote page to initiate a conversation. Together, we can create a mural that stands as a testament to your church's legacy and future.